Department of Geography & Environmental Sustainability at University of Oklahoma is seeking a doctoral student (GRA) to work with Dr. Jad Ziolkowska on economic and environmental impacts of weather events and importance of weather information for decision-making in Oklahoma. The goal of the project is to assess value of weather information based on the concept of sustainability. This position will involve data collection and collaborations with interdisciplinary research teams at University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and stakeholders in Oklahoma. Excellent communication skills are required.
The successful candidate will obtain a PhD degree in Geography.
Start date: January, 2017 (Spring 2017 semester)
Duration: 4 years (competitive salary including tuition waiver and benefits)
Required qualifications and skills:
• MSc in one of the following areas: Geography, Meteorology, Environmental and Resource Economics, Agricultural Economics, Ecological Economics, Environmental Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or related fields
• Experience with survey design/interviews, quantitative analyses and data processing
• Strong devotion to research, responsibility, punctuality, and very good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Innovative and independent thinking
• Proficiency in written and verbal English
• Interdisciplinary research experience is desired, but not required
If you are interested in this position, please email the following documents to Dr. Jad Ziolkowska (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September, 30th, 2016: (1) research statement (addressing research experience, how the applicant’s skills can contribute to the project, and career goals), (2) resume, (3) unofficial transcripts, (4) unofficial GRE scores, (5) a writing sample, and (6) names and contact information to three references.
The selected candidate will need to apply and be accepted into a competitive graduate program in Geography at University of Oklahoma.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Dr. Jad Ziolkowska as soon as possible at email@example.com for further details about this research opportunity.